This guilt-free meat pie is a tasty dinner option and is great for a weekend treat meal!
– 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry– 1 medium onion, finely chopped– 400g lean beef mince– 2 tablespoons oyster sauce– 1 cup reduced-salt beef stock– 2 tablespoons cornflourMethod:
1. Crank up the oven to 200’C and take the puff pastry sheets out of the freezer to thaw.
2. Heat up a frying pan and spray lightly with cooking oil. Cook the onion, stirring until softened, then add the mince. Cook until brown, breaking up any lumps.
3. Combine the oyster sauce and beef stock, and add to the mince mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
4. In a cup, mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of warm water. Add this to the mince mixture, along with pepper to taste, and continue stirring for approximately 2 minutes as the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.5. Spray a large baking dish or pie dish about (about 450ml capacity) with cooking oil. Pile in the mince mixture and spread evenly. Make a lid with the sheet of pastry and press the edge onto the dish to seal. Cut three slits in the top, then bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutritional info per serve – calories/208 Protein/ 28g carbs/25.6g Fat/5.7g