Want a different, tasty way to make a steak burger tonight? Lucky for you we have just released our new book The 10 Minute Man and the Mushroom bun steak sanga is just one of its great recipes. Skip the bread before bed and up your protein in this hearty steak sandwich with a meaty mushroom bun! You will never eat a bread bun again!
Serves 1 (feel free to double/triple the recipe as required)
- 1 large flat field mushroom, cleaned with stalk removed
- 150g trimmed lean steak (like rump, sirloin or fillet)
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2-3 slices of tomato
- 2 slices of beetroot
- A handful of baby spinach or rocket leave to serve with
- Preheat your barbie on medium-high heat. Lightly spray the mushroom and steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the mushroom for 3-4 minutes or until tender and 2-3 minutes each side for the steak for a medium result or to your liking. Rest the steak for a minute after cooking.
- Put the mushroom on a plate, top facing down (this will be the bun). Then spread mustard over your steak and whack it on your mushroom bun followed by salad, beetroot, and tomato.
Belinda’s Stats: The meal has 35.8g of protein, 4.9g in carbs, 4.8g of sugar and 12.8g of fat. For more of these great recipes, purchase your copy of Adam’s new book The 10 Minute Man today! Enjoy!