The Lady Shake recently sat down with Georgia Wendt from Georgia Wendt Nutrition to find out her top “get healthy” tips and tricks.
We are excited to have Georgia develop new healthy recipes for the Lady Shake! Keep your eye out for our new recipe E-Book coming soon!
- Don’t skip meals. Skipping meals will more than likely lead to you being excessively hungry later on in the day and overeating. Eating consistently will stop that ravenous feeling we get that can make us binge or overeat.
- Plan and prepare. If you plan out your meals and prepare some things ahead, you will always have healthy foods ready to go. This could be planning out your meals for each day, pre preparing meals on a Sunday or even just prepping certain ingredients like a source of protein, some roast vegetables, cut up vegetables so that you can quickly throw a wholesome meal together. Even making sure when you are out you have healthy snacks on hand like the lady shake.
- Bulk up your meals with non starchy vegetables. Eating healthy does not mean eating less. Eating more high volume foods with high fibre will fill you up for longer and make you feel like you are eating a lot more. You can do this by adding extra vegetables to stir fries, making the base of your salads larger, adding cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles to rice and pasta dishes. This little trick not only increases your food without overdoing it, but it also means you’ll be getting more vitamins and minerals from your diet.
- Always make your plate look colourful. An easy way to make meals more nutritious is to add as much colour as possible. This is a great way to make meals like stir fries, salads and omelettes more filling and nutritious. Eating a rainbow of colour from fruits, vegetables and other unprocessed foods is amazing for our overall health.
- Limit processed foods. We all know unprocessed whole foods are much better for us. Try to limit packaged foods where possible.
- Aim for a source of protein in each meal. Protein is known for keeping you fuller for longer so ensure you have protein at each meal or snack. If you get stuck, the Lady shake has a great amount of protein so have it as a snack or with food to increase your protein.
- Eat mindfully and take time to enjoy your food. Try to avoid distractions and eat your food slowly. Not only will it give your body time to recognise it is full, you will also enjoy your food more, hopefully feeling more satisfied afterwards.
- Drink water. This is the simplest, most important tip. Most people do not drink enough water and our bodies are mostly water after all. If you don’t enjoy it, add some lemon, orange, lime or mint to it or find some ways to spruce up your water so that you can increase your amount.
Get Georgia’s Choc Crunch Slice recipe here!