- 10 oz. (300g) minced turkey fillet
- ½ cup (115g) rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ½ can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup (60g) red kidney beans, drained
- ⅓ cup (85g) sweet corn, drained
- ⅓ cup (30g) grated cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. red pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ tsp. ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the meat and fry for about 5-6 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Add spices, mix, then add the uncooked rice and mix again.
- Next add the chopped capsicum, beans, corn, canned tomatoes, and broth.
- Mix and bring to a boil. Simmer covered on low heat for about 17-20 minutes.
- Add grated cheese, cover and heat for another 2 minutes until the cheese melts, then serve.
- Serves 4
- Calories – 295
- Protein – 31g
- Fats – 9g
- Carbs – 21g