- 1 cup short grain rice (cooked in 3 cups water or as directed on packet)
- 500g tinned salmon slices or smoked salmon portions
- 2 cucumbers (diced into cubes)
- 1 whole avocado (sliced)
- Grated carrot
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup sweet soy sauce (combined to make dressing)
Tip: if you dont like raw salmon, grill a piece of salmon for approx. 10 min
- Cook rice as directed – add extra water if needed or cook a little longer if not all water is absorbed.
- Finely slice raw tuna or salmon (or sear quickly in a pan if you don’t like it raw – then slice)
- Place cucumber in a small bowl and sprinkle with sesame dressing. Do the same with carrot.
- Build poke bowls in Asian style individual serving bowls with rice on the base, adding other ingredients and finishing with dressings.
- Alternately, serve each ingredient in separate bowls so everyone can build their own.