Let’s face it, ladies, we all love having a slice of pizza every now and then but don’t enjoy the bloated stomach and uneasy feeling that often comes with it. Well not to worry because our prawn and pumpkin pizza is a healthy alternative that’s quick to prepare and will leave you feeling guilt-free!
- 1/4 Butternut pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 Wholemeal pizza base
- 250g raw peeled prawns
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes (about 1/3 cup – chopped)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheese (grated)
- Get your oven preheating to 200 degrees with a baking tray inside.
- Cook the pumpkin in a saucepan full of boiling water (or the microwave) until tender
- Drain and mash the pumpkin, cracking in a bit of salt and pepper, then spread it over your pizza base.
- Top with the prawns, spinach, and tomatoes and then follow with the cheese.
- Transfer the pizza to the hot baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked and the cheese is nice and golden.
- If you don’t have time to cook and mash the pumpkin (though trust me, it’s worth your while if you can), buy a wholemeal pizza base with sauce and just add the rest of the topping ingredients to that.
- You could even chuck on some chopped mushrooms for extra veggies.
- This recipe serves enough for two, or if you are feeding for the whole family you can always make 2 and then slice them up so there’s enough, enjoy!
*approx 620 calories for the whole pizza.