Love Salmon? But not sure how to cook this fish beside bake or grilled? Well, this is a really easy dinner to make and the best bit is Our Salmon Patties used as leftovers make the perfect addition on a sandwich the next day!
Makes 4 patties – serves 2.
- 250g canned salmon
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 brown onion
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Dice and cook the sweet potato (approx 5 min in microwave) and mash
- Dice onion and add to bowl with your salmon
- Add the sweet potato to bowl and mix
- Grab a handful of the salmon mix and roll into a ball with your hands and then flatten out slightly
- Roll the salmon pattie in the flour, the lightly beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs
- Repeat for all 4 patties then place them on a frypan with a spray of oil for approx 4mins each side or until golden
- Serve patties with salad or veggies. Tastes great with a little good old tomato sauce.
Belinda tip: add corn to the pattie mix if you want Plus salmon can be switched out for any lean fish to suit your taste.