This healthy Mediterranean-inspired soup is packed full of goodness! It will keep you full, hit that stop when your feeling like something warm and so easy to make!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small brown onion, chopped
1 x 400g frozen vegetable Mix
2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
500ml (2 cups) vegetable liquid stock
500ml (2 cups) boiling water
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
4 multigrain rolls, to serve (optional)
METHOD (4 Servings)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and frozen vegetable mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add in the lentils, diced tomato, vegetable stock and water to the pan. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Then reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetable mixture is just tender. Add the parsley and stir until well combined.
- Taste and season with pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls and serve with the rolls, if desired.
Handy freezer tip: At the end of step 3, allow leftover soup to cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight freezer-proof container. Label, date, and freeze for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat and continue from step 3.
419 Calories per serve*