Makes 4 meatballs
- 200 grams of turkey mince
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp salsa picada (optional)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Set oven to 190 degrees
- Measure out your portion of lean turkey mince. Season with onion powder, cayenne pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Mix in the seasoning with your hands.
- Make individual meatballs. We suggest 4, 50 gram meatballs.
- Set the cast iron skillet on the stove stop and place it on medium high heat. Add the coconut oil and the minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic until it becomes brown and then add in the meatballs.
- Roll the meatballs around the skillet until they are brown on at least 2 sides which should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 3 cups of raw spinach to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet with foil (or glass lid but foil is preferred) and cook for another 3 minutes on the stove top.
- Place the entire skillet with the foil on top in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes – careful not to overcook the turkey.
- Remove from the oven and the spinach will be wilted and ready to eat.
- Add salsa and pine nuts.
Belinda’s stats: (per serve)
- 336 calories
- 43g protein
- 3g carbs
- 16g fat