Who doesn’t love a lasagne? Well, we have taken the traditional version and put a spin on it! Our Veggie Lasagne still hits the spot without heaviness!
- 500 g pumpkin – peeled and chopped
- 2 bunches spinach or Silverbeet – washed and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 500 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 spring onions – ends trimmed, chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 12 sheets of instant lasagne – softened in hot water
- 425 g jar no-added-salt tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups milk
- Freshly ground or cracked black pepper – to taste
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- To help soften the pumpkin, microwave for 5 minutes, then cool.
- Boil water then place the spinach into boiling water until wilted, drain well and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl mix ricotta, onion and parsley.
- Place 3 sheets of lasagne on the base of an ovenproof pan (approx. 33cm x 23cm). Top with 1/3 each of pumpkin, tomato sauce and spinach ricotta mixture. Repeat twice and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
- To make the topping, break eggs into the flour and mix until smooth. Slowly add milk to the flour mixture while whisking, pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil, continue whisking until smooth and thickened. Add pepper and ground nutmeg, pour over top of lasagne and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Suggestion: Cut into squares and serve with a green salad.
*Approx 590 calories per serve