Pineapples are a tasty tropical fruit, which have been enjoyed for centuries not only for their distinctive taste but also for their incredible health benefits!
Pineapples are home to several nutrients. These include protein, carbohydrates, soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, vitamin A & C, B5, B6, folate, potassium, and magnesium! These tropical fruits are low in calories and are a great addition to your diet!
The Benefits of pineapples include:
- Immune system support: they contain all of the recommended daily value of vitamin C.
- Bone strength: it contains nearly 75 percent of the daily-recommended value of the mineral manganese, which is essential in developing strong bones and connective tissue!
- Eye health: Pineapples can help reduce the risk of macular degeneration, due in part to its high amount of vitamin C and the antioxidants it contains.
- Digestion: contains dietary fiber, which is essential in keeping you regular and in keeping your intestines healthy.
- Anti-Inflammatory benefits: pineapple contains bromelain, which can help reduce severe inflammation.
- The common cold and sinus inflammation: because it vitamin C and bromelain – this helps reduce mucus in the throat and nose.
Fast facts on pineapples
- A cup of pineapple cubes contains 82 calories and 131 percent of daily vitamin C needs
- Pineapple can be added to kebabs, smoothies, and a whole range of salads
- Pineapples should be picked when ripe because they do not continue to ripen once removed from the plant.
LADY SHAKE TIP: try adding some pineapple into your next lady shake!